The Tarp Talk gang is back with Episode 7. The Athletics had a busy week on the trade front, free agent signing front, and the avoiding arbitration front. The gang talks about the Guillermo Moscoso and Josh Outman for Seth Smith trade and why most of them don’t like it. We also touch on the Bartolo Colon signing and how it will affect the starting rotation. We talk about the one-year deals the A’s gave Brandon McCarthy and Joey Devine to avoid arbitration and the much talked about Yankees – Mariners trade. As always we finish with the Dumb Tweet of The Week and say goodbye.
If you wish to follow the podcast on Twitter it can be found at @TarpTalk. If you have questions they can be sent to tarptalkpodcast(at)gmail(dot)com. The hosts can be found on Twitter at @cuppingmaster (Alan), @davidwiers (self-explanatory), @oakfaninva (Spencer) and @tvprcretireplan (Wishinsky).
As always, we hope you enjoy listening.
- Moscoso and Outman are shipped to the Mile High City
- Smith Comes Back to Sea-Level
- Win-win? Win for Oakland? Win for Colorado? Or the ever rare Lose-lose?
- Does Kurt Suzuki become a better player with less time behind the plate?
- A’s sign Bartolo Colon
- Is the Colon signing or a potential signing of Oswalt a bigger risk?
- McCarthy and Devine avoid arbitration
- The Yankees and M’s make a deal
- Win-win? Win for Seattle? Win for New York? Or the ever rare Lose-lose?
- Dumb Tweet of the Week