The Tarp Talk gang is back for Episode 5! Since we last got togehter the Athletics made a couple big trades that swung the team into a full rebuild mode. After trading away Gio Gonzalez, Andrew Bailey, and Ryan Sweeney to the Nationals and Red Sox, respectively, the 2012 Athletics are looking like a very young, very different team. As always, we break down the trades, give you our thoughts on the returns, and what to look forward to in the upcoming season. We also got our first email question!
If you want to follow us on Twitter you can follow the podcast at @TarpTalk. You can follow our hosts at @oakfaninva (Spencer) , @cuppingmaster (Alan), @davidwiers (self-explanatory), and @tvprcretireplan (Wishinsky). You can send us emails to tarptalkpodcast(at)gmail(dot)com
If you are an iTunes person, we ask kindly that you rate and review us after you download the show. As always, we thank you for listening.
- Gio Gonzalez was traded to the Nationals who came back?
- Like it or love it?
- Josh Outman, Tom Milone and the 2012 Rotation
- Bailey and Sweeney were traded to the Red Sox who came back?
- Is there daylight between Sweeney and Josh Reddick?
- Risks acquired by both Oakland and Boston
- Raul Alcantara as the linchpin
- We got an email! Are fans freaking out about all these trades?
- Dumb Tweet of the Week