The Tarp Talk gang goes to the farm in this episode (literally and figuratively)! This week we are joined by Jason Parks ( @ProfessorParks ) to talk about the Rangers. Of course now when you talk about the Rangers you have to talk about Yu Darvish, which is what Jason so kindly does. What kind of pitcher can he be? How does the NPB stack up to MLB? Does he really have 12 pitches? All of these plus questions about the starting rotation, moving guys from bullpen to the starting rotation, and Mike Olt are talked about.
If you have any questions feel free to send them to us at tarptalkpodcast(at)gmail(dot)com. The hosts of the show can be found on Twitter at @davidwiers (self-explanatory), @cuppingmaster (Alan), @oakfaninva (Spencer), and @tvprcretireplan (Wishinsky)
As always, thank you for listening!
- A’s FanFest, how was it, what happened?
- Jonny Gomes comes to Oakland, Adrian Cardenas is DFA’d which we provide big time analysis on
- Is Manny being Manny something we could tolerate in Oakland?
- Edwin Jackson: Is he a fit for the A’s?
- Jason Parks comes on to talk Texas Rangers baseball
- How good is Darvish? Is Colby Lewis really a #1? Rangers offensively are there any problems?
- Dumb Tweet of the Week